Marking 35 years after Bob’s transition, some of New Zealand’s finest Kiwi acts like Tiki Taane, Aaradhna, Trinity Roots, Bic Runga, Anika Moa, Katchafire, Hollie Smith and more are honoring Marley’s legacy by recreating some of his most beloved tracks on the heartfelt complication album, Stir It Up – Aotearoa’s Tribute to Bob Marley.
Additionally, as part of the year’s celebration, the New Zealand All Stars thrilled a sold-out crowd at Black Barn Vineyards in Havelock North with some true Bob Marley classics during a 3 day festival dedicated to recognizing his influence on Kiwi music. By all account the musicians had the crowd up on their feet, cheering, and in good vibes. Jamaican flags swayed and Bob Marley shirts were worn with pride as the audience rocked to some of Tuff Gong’s biggest hits.
See below for video of the festivities from Black Barn Vineyards, and more information about the tribute album, Stir It Up – Aotearoa’s Tribute to Bob Marley.
1. Get Up Stand Up – Tiki Taane
2. Buffalo Soldier – Tomorrow People
3. One Love / People Get Ready – Vince Harder & the HMG Choir
4. Could You Be Loved – Aaradhna
5. Waiting in Vain – Trinity Roots
6. So Much Trouble in the World – House of Shem
7. Is This Love – Thomas Oliver
8. I Shot the Sheriff – Laughton Kora
9. Redemption Song – Bic Runga
10. Turn Your Lights Down Low – Drax Project
11. Three Little Birds – Anika Moa
12. Punky Reggae Party – Katchafire
13. Natural Mystic – David Grace of Dread Beat and Blood
14. Exodus – Unity Pacific